Return to What You Can Do page.
Six P's of Evacuation
- People and Pets—Have a plan. Do you know at least two ways out of your community? Where will you meet family after evacuation? Where will you stay and how will you contact each other? Where will your pets stay?
- Papers, phone numbers, and important documents. Deeds, birth certificates and other irreplaceable documents should be in one location so these can be grabbed at a moment’s notice.
- Prescriptions, eyeglasses, and vitamins. You may be gone from your home for days, so insure you have access to all your health related items.
- Pictures and irreplaceable memorabilia. These are priceless and could be lost forever.
- Personal computers or any information stored on hard drives and disks.
- Plastic including credit cards, ATM cards and cash.